David Letterdog’s List of Things Dogs Cannot Do While Sitting
1. Jump up, lick, paw, bump, or goose family, friends, visitors, or strangers,
especially including the young and the elderly.
2. Bolt out of the front door or car.
3. Run off in the park.
4. Chase cars, cats, chickens, children, bicyclists, skate-boarders, horses, and other dogs.
5. Bully, bother, pester, or disturb people or other dogs.
6. Get underfoot, stepped on, or tripped over.
7. Mount other dogs, or be mounted by other dogs.
8. Slap a child in the face, or clear a coffee table of wine glasses with a waggy tail.
9. Fence-fight or scrap through the garden fence.
10. Pace back and forth, chase its tail, or self-energize by running around like a
whirling dervish from window to couch, from couch to carpet, and from carpet to window, etc., while working itself into a feverish frenzy.
Extracted from Dr. Dunbar’s Good Little Dog Book(James & Kenneth, 2003)